Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

[A DO OVER]


[A DO OVER]
the music...
http://youtu.be/4t89xQY_Dfg



I scribe From the ashes of a life that has been pure hell cause its been so hard to forget that I am an African.
Born with it lingering in my the corpuscles of my blood...in the hair on my head...notty to the core even when I am bald.
Made a whole lotta mistakes on the way to I...ignored a whole bunch of people that I love all the way to the fathomless depths of my heart.
I dont see situations as just a man, I see them as an African cause thats who I am.
I think thats the hardest thing for an African -American to see...African royalty free from the constraints of all this tricknowlege and fine tuned fuckery.
Drums beat in the air of my air, the space of my innerspace telling me that the end is near...signs and cornerstones on street corners and in wired up homes.
I dont get a chance for a do over so I just gotta take it as it comes.
Buckle down and get ready for a hard ride.
A dislocated and disenfrachised African roaming this diaspora see?
When my bones taste the earth I want it to be in the soil of the motherland, unity in nature.
This sword that I bear has the ability to sever preconceived notions and delusions of grandure.
Yet I linger in the shadows seen and unseen.
Sometimes all I really want is a do over.

HAMZAHFARUQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment