Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

[AN ALTERNATE BLACK STORY] A PSYCHOLOGICAL AND SOCIOLOGICAL COURSE PLAN [PART TWO]



[AN ALTERNATE BLACK STORY] A PSYCHOLOGICAL AND SOCIOLOGICAL COURSE PLAN [PART TWO]
THE MUSIC FOR THIS CLASS...
http://youtu.be/-6P8ZuRkK5o



Who are we?
What is our identity?
These are two questions that always seem to pop up whenever I think of the story of the modern seperated African. Living in the south and having traveled I have met a whole lot of different kinds of folks and seen a whole lotta stuff that makes no sense.
In the piece I posted the other day I showed the hero Nat turner and I expected exactly what happened which is nothing. It has been drilled into the Africans in Amerikkka to not try to introduce new heros. To not see our heros as heros. This state is so pervading that a whole lot of black people just can't see past it. 
If black people were to truly take a look at other societies which have come back from the brink so to speak they would see that the heros of these said societies do not comform to the views of the people who oppressed or enslaved them. Amerikkkan blacks or whatever the white man has said is okay are the only people who look to their former oppressors for their heros, their people to look up to and mold themselves after. 
For anyone to say that they do not have any heros is contradictory to everything that man is and ever was. The prophets in the quran and bible are heros and are looked to for guidance if a person is guided that way. 
What I am trying to do in this series is to point out ways of thinking that are inconducive to the building of our society, the teaching of our youth.
When I was in the third grade I stopped pledging the flag. I was singled out time and time again because I would not stand up for the pledge.I just could'nt see myself saluting a rag that had flown when my ancestors were still slaves and when they had lived under the yoke of segregation. To this day I cringe when I see a black man saluting the flag.
Fuck the flag... It does not and has not ever represented us.
See I do not see like I am told to see, I see as it should be. That is freedom and it is something that does not come cheap.
There are things that I have lost and things that have passed me by all because of the way that I think, but I can say this much. I aint nobodies slave and or bitch.
Scared to speak... scared to think.
So in closing I just wanna say you aint got to read it but I do have to tell it.
PEACE!!!


HAMZAHFARUQ 

No comments:

Post a Comment