Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

STREET LIFE


STREET LIFE... A REPOST FROM DEC 2010
THIS IS THE MUSIC FOR THIS PIECE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D4E0VOHpgM

As I stand on this corner and watch life pass me by. I cry silent tears in a heart that has seen to much. 
The crack addict passes me by and speaks as he chases another hit to put on his glass dick. He told me his story on this same wall. About how he was all about rules, so strict on his kids till one day he ran over his baby girl by mistake... and his life fell apart.
The wino asks me for change and I hand him 70 cents and I joke with him about playing basketball. He was a star until he went to Vietnam, the sound of the shells never leaves his head.
The children that live down the way call me and invite me to play, hunger is their constant companion cause they have not seen their mother in a week. The neighborhood has absorbed them, we feed them and hide them from the social workers who might come and break them up.
Such a tangled web of lives that dwell in the pits of the slums that are the byproduct of life in this babylon. 
Broken glass and shredded paper that floats on the wind of a car that rides by on its way to a better life in the suburbs. The woman who makes her daughter fuck for money, her fifteen year old body a playground for lustful men. This beast walks by and holds her head high, for a moment I give thought to taking her away.
Alligators leave no evidence. I close my eyes to sleep and images cavort and dance in my head, as I cry silent tears in a heart that has seen far to much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment