Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

[THE BLACK SHEEPS SCREAM] A ONE WORD TOPIC SUBMITTED BY Angela Williams






[THE BLACK SHEEPS SCREAM] A ONE WORD TOPIC SUBMITTED BY Angela Williams
THE MUSIC FOR THIS PIECE...
http://youtu.be/mFPTBb4PVH8
THE WORD WAS PARIAH...

I grew up a pariah simply because of the place I lived... despised because of the status of my birth, color of my skin.
The walls seemed at times to close in and constrict as I struggled to catch a breath... to raise my head above the waves of hatred.
Walking the halls as my anger sometimes gave way and made me punch a bitch in the mouth, just a little respect even if for the wrong thing.
I became a pariah as I stood on the corner and sold dope, fucked the prettiest girls and shouted fuck the police.
Spent bullet shells that tinkled on the ground as I buck buck bucked my way to the top of the heap... the very mark of the beast.
Days spent in the land of savage souls that live by the street code and refuse to die even in the face of contempt.
I am still a pariah in the speeches of presidential candidates who talk of food stamps and mention the poor as if they are animals in a stockade.
Cattle and sheep.
Black beasts.
Words of caste and class that incite images in whitewashed minds riding on memories of slavery and segregation... tracks that have a right and a wrong side.
As a pariah walks among the flock trying to make the meat see the death of the pariah.
Be free...


hamzahfaruq 

No comments:

Post a Comment