Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

[THAT BEAUTIFUL DREAM OF SO LONG AGO]



I think this little piece here needs an introduction. The other day I talked to the girl I had my first all out crush on. Our mothers were friends and I the young whippersnapper was her brothers friend. Yet I was smitten by her the first time I saw her and that infatuation led to a recurring dream that repeated itself into my teen years. Why am I telling you all this? Well because I told her about how I felt about her when I could'nt tell her and I also told her that I was going to write about it cause I think that I can paint a pretty picture with it. There is so much innocence in this tale. 

THIS IS DEDICATED TO KAREN THURMAN...
[THAT BEAUTIFUL DREAM OF SO LONG AGO]
THE MUSIC...THIS SONG WAS RELEASED AROUND THE LAST TIME I HAD THE DREAM.
http://youtu.be/w-l5FyA3pgo



Across the flowing green grass that waves in the wind there lies a tower jutting into the sunlit sky.
Dappled bricks that look good and strong.
Here we stand at the perimeter in the shadow of the trees looking at each other...joy in our soul.
I am dressed in my knightly robes and you wear a gossamer baby blue dress. 
The breeze blows and I see it swirl... such an apparation art thou.
You are the reason that I call women queen and empress as I strum this drop...a modern day bard in a modern world.
All the things that I have seen you have been there as well.
As we run across the field and into the yellow flowers...butterflies and dragonflys flicker in peripheral vision.
Holistic and pure as the beating of a heart in a humans chest...gift of Allah.
A dragon in the sky as we soar to the heavens and reach out to touch the clouds...laugh at their spray.
May these things never end as reality starts to take its toll...Opened eyes and the scream of sirens.
We open the door and stand at the threshold as we kiss...My first kiss in a dream or anywhere and I appreciate the taste of your lips my empress.
For I must leave today and confront this world where the battle rages across the plains of my peoples being.
This tower shall be your home as I visit you from time to time.
So vivid this dream...So vivid this dream.

hamzah faruq 

No comments:

Post a Comment