Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

[URBAN URBANALITY]



[URBAN URBANALITY]
THE MUSIC...DONT SLEEP ON IT...THIS IS THE PROJECTS TWO BLOCKS FROM THE ONE I GREW UP IN. SHOTS OUT TO BASIN ST. THE SCENES WHERE THE BUILDINGS ARE YELLOW IS THE PROJECTS THAT I GREW UP IN
http://youtu.be/yp8mVs5xHLA




I am from the place that no one wants to talk about.
Where no one wants to really reside.
Where an ass whupping...a bullet to the dome are just sad facts of life.
Where sometimes the bottom of the bottle is way better than real life...and crack is the blast off.
I hope you catching this shit as scribed to this page...yielded and revealed.
Where the boys that you hang with are known to get it down...bust a bitch dead in the mouth.
When I say bitch I ain't really talking bout a woman, though she can be one to.
A critical view of the convoluted stew that brews enclosed by project walls where children better grow up fast or be eaten alive.
Born running so to speak...the fucking lion and the gazelle.
Bass beats in freefall as the mic is carressed and the poet speaks on some real shit.
A can of pork and beans and peanut butter...ramen noddles for breakfast...you better lock yo muthafuckin does cause I will bust yo window.
Take yo shit and kick you in the teeth...its hard out here.
Cause the police aint no friend of mine...shot Lil Nuke in the bottom of Joe Louis and then covered that shit up.
Sam the wino might have a point as I watch him stumble past on his way to a violent death... a golf club sticking from his chest.
Little girls who hop in the car with white uncles who go to private schools...moms who be trickin out the back doe.
Say 1700 and the cab dont run thataway... the damn ambulance takes 45 minutes to arrive.
Where the only good nigga is a dead one and a friend is a potential co-defendent.
Thats what you see when you look at me...an African man who has witnessed a travesty.
And you wonder why I come at shit the way I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment